Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sneaking

For a while now, I've been wanting to find a vice. Not much appeals to me in the way of drugs or alcohol. Ibuprofen is about all I can stomach. Gambling and cheating are out, as I wear my heart on my sleeve and can't lie to save my life. Anything outside of my marriage would destroy me emotionally. In all this thinking about wanting a vice, I started to realize that I've been regemintally eliminating some of my most creative outlets. Planning dinners, planning my evenings and weekends with workouts. Perhaps it was the sneaky trip to LA with JE, or the dinner I cooked-- no recipe and completely unplanned--the way I used to cook, that made me realize how much I miss these quiet and achievable bits of creativity.

Life is easier, when I have some things planned, but my creativity needs to go somewhere. I need to find that outlet, and fast.

I sneaked a run this evening. It felt so good. Just five miles. In all this chiropracty and kinesiology, I've learned something about the way I run. I'm taking steps to correct a simple mistake, and discovering some speed and endurance I didn't know I had. My hip pain is caused by my feet collapsing down on my extremely high arches. Generally, I thought I ran fairly neutral, but I think as I get tired over longer distances, my feet start caving in. This would explain a lot, including why my right shoe starts hitting my left inner ankle bone after so many miles. Orthotics should enter the running picture soon, to give my sneakers a bit more support.

No comments:

Post a Comment