Thursday, February 23, 2012

Physical

It was an interesting doctor visit, this morning. I'm not sure I've heard the word "perfect" used in regards to my health, ever. We went over my bloodwork and that was the term my doc used repeatedly to describe my liver, kidney, thyroid function. As well as all of my cholesterol, sugars, and salts. All systems are perfect. No sign of anemia, or other lack. I've never had a doctor tell me that I could go to In and Out and eat a cheeseburger, fries and a shake. Pretty cool. I've worked really hard on that. But I'd rather have a crab dipped in drawn butter.

Monday, I went to JE's chiropractor and was adjusted. He is an adjuster, not a bone crusher. It was great, followed by some deep tissue massage and a follow up adjustment. Worth the time. The deep tissue massage is something I've wanted to have for a while, but hadn't found anyone who did anything akin to deep tissue. My shoulders and hips are feeling so much better. I'm not running this week, just swimming and cycling. That mania can wait a bit. I'll do some short runs next week and see how it goes.

My swim today was bright and light. I spent most of my time focusing on the mechanics of swimming, and trying to gain as much length in my torso and legs as possible. One and a quarter nautical miles in about thirty eight minutes. Funny how when I slow down and focus on form, I usually speed up. There are dorm decent adult swim classes around. I'd like to go and try that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment