Tuesday, November 29, 2011

As I stepped from the shower, I could hear them chatting animatedly. These two kind men who grace my life. I have no idea what they were discussing, but it was fun to be privy to their tone of voice. Dad had gone to a Family Home Evening organized for seniors at my church. He was in high spirits, all night long. His body doesn't seem to ache so much, when he feels good. 

JE and I went running tonight, ten miles. That was a first. In reality, we went a bit further. Each time I stopped to stretch, walk or wait to cross the street, JE would pause to odometer/speedometer/calorimeter/chronometer.  We had completed our seven mile loop, and were heading west on the trail. At mile eight, I was ready to be finished. But, when things are broken down into manageable sizes, it's tough to argue against it. We knew we had a mile and a half out, then the same distance back. So, when we got to mile eight, and only had half a mile of that leg, it was worth  it to just keep keeping on and finish that leg. And then the return... But I had already run an mile and. half, and if that that was all that was left, I could do that. Except when we arrived at the trailhead and still had just under half mile to go. It took JE asking me if I was really going to quit with only .38ths of a mile left to complete our goal.

I did it. I finished. I am nowhere near comfortable with it, but I did it! In less than two hours.

Afterward, JE treated me to Chipotle. Getting in and out of the car was painful. Chipotle now serves brown rice, and not just white rice! Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment