Monday, November 28, 2011

Plan for the Week

It is more difficult to write these days, and I'm not sure what shifted. Things feel so much more internal than external. And yet, as when I put forth the energy to run or swim or cycle, I am rewarded with the ability to see more clearly, be more vibrant in living, accept my life and see the beauty in it.

Writing is important for me, but publishing it, is becoming less so. And yet, one drives the other.

Last week I ordered a pair of pants, the same size I wore before I was married. They came last week. They are a bit tight, but by worldly standards they fit fairly well. This no sugar, no fried, whole grain thing is kind of awesome for that.

Wednesday to celebrate finishing his project, JE took me out for dinner and we tried what we thought was somewhere new. Several years ago, we went to a little place called 101 Noodle company in La Hambra on the recommendation of a foodie show on KCRW. They have these amazing beef sandwich rolls, unlike any beef sandwich I'd ever tried. The meat is dark and salty and there are lots of herbs and garlic. The whole thing is rolled into a Chinese pancake and cut into 6 big chunks. Amazing! Any time we were in the area, we dropped by for one of these rolls. This is also where I tried chicken feet for the first time (they are fine, except for the large talons...) Well, we now have a 101 noodle company within 10 miles of our home! We could bike there!

Loads to do this week and next. Work at home: list some of my projects on Etsy. I need to finish JE's suit, get a book done for my sisters (a mom photo album), order Nuni and Sassathorne books for JE's family, make a Christmas cd, write my annual newsletter (or not--no offense friends, but sometimes I get so many Christmas letters I can't read them all until I take them down to put them away. And who would really want to know about my year who doesn't already check in here anyway?), send out cards and cd's, and just plain cards, and get my groove on in my running. I also have a beautiful piece of black lace and a length of oyster colored silk I'd like to magic into a lovely gown to wear to my nephew's wedding in Utah this Christmas. I wonder if I'll have time. Where is my fairy godmother?

Friend BC recommended taking an ibuprofen after running to cut the inflammation. Friday, after we ran, I did a series of double dip walking lunges and added a triangle pose followed by a warrior two pose, then finished the lunge, really focussing on opening my hips and stretching my hamstrings, calves and quads. When I got home, I tried the ibuprofen trick and applied heat (probably should have been ice) to my trouble hip. No pain, at all. Awesome!

Plan for the week:
Monday: run 10 miles with JE after work
Dinner: turkey something... Probably salad
Dad goes to FHE for seniors!

Tuesday: swim with dad. Shoot for a mile
Dinner: sloppy joes (I have a terrible feeling beef will be the next thing to take out of my diet)
class

Wednesday: run, hill repeats 45 minutes
Dinner: vegetarian chili and corn bread

Thursday: cycle go for a nice ride somewhere pretty
Dinner: grilled cheese and soup
Laguna Beach Christmas fair, Creches from around the world with Kim and the kids

Friday: run, short and sweet and pretty, about four miles
Dinner: JE requested pork loin with baked apples, sweet potatoes, and salad/greens
Lisa arrives

Saturday: dry pac canning of wheat, choir at Segerstrom hall in the Arvo, and a fun run with JE at night. To the beach with dad if there is time.
dinner: out!

No comments:

Post a Comment