Friday, August 24, 2012

JE just Left for work, my sister just got up to use the loo and is now back to bed, I am sitting in my running clothes wondering if I will eventually go for my morning run. I missed my five mile run On Wednesday after I dropped a dresser drawer on my toe. Ouch. It bled and gooed for a while, and now is one dark bruise. Shoes are not so fun. Perhaps just a Nike fitness club workout, or some yoga.

LH, my sister, is visiting from Portland, Oregon. Her drum corps is in town to particiapate and watch the original drum corps from Long Beach have its annual reunion. Most of those guys are ready to retire--or beyond, but still play with an bone shaking passion. For some of them, it literally hurts. Two years ago, I was at this reunion with my sister. Every year, the circle gets smaller, as these older men bow to physical afflictions. Each year may be their last to play together. One of the coolest and emotionally charged things I've ever seen. The reunion happens Saturday at El Dorado Park in Long Beach.

1 comment: